Wednesday, Dec. 23. I don't know how much I can write before I break down in tears but here goes. We saw the SCT doctor this afternoon and he is concerned about Roy's lung function. Roy is scheduled for another CT scan Monday morning and then a chest x-ray. After the x-ray, the doctor will talk with us again - the plans are right now for Roy to enter the hospital on Tuesday to begin chemo. If Roy does nothing, he probably won't live too long, but of course we don't know how long; but if he has the transplant he will be really, really sick and that will also be very dangerous. It kind of hit Roy hard, the reality, but I think he thinks he really doesn't have a choice, that he needs to go ahead with the transplant. So prayers are especially needed tonight and this weekend for strength and for wisdom for us and the doctors.
Tommy will be back Saturday as he has to be back at MDA to start getting shots ready for the transplant. I guess I was mistaken earlier about bone marrow as they will be doing the stem cell transplant so Tommy has to get shots Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday to build up his red blood cells and they will harvest Wednesday. If they don't get enough he will have some more shots and then harvest again. We had supper with Tommy this evening and he is leaving in the morning to go home but will be back on Saturday.
Colleen and her girls will be coming in late Saturday evening so I sure hope the weather is good. Tommy and I decided that instead of buying a motel for the girls that Roy would stay with Tommy and the girls will stay here. Colleen is driving my car down but they will be flying home the 31st. Then Trudi is coming the 8th - the 10th. It will be good to have her here then also.
So, we will muddle through the weekend and start over for another week of appointments at 6:30 a.m. on Monday. I will keep you all updated as to what else is going on here.
Love to all my friends and family. Have a wonderful Christmas.