Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuesday, Jan. 26 - Life has been rather quiet for the most part. I took Roy to the hospital both Saturdy and Sunday for his appointments for his fluids. Then when he was finished, he called and I went to pick him up. Otherwise we would have had to ride the Metro and he really is too weak to walk as far as needed. That also gave me the days to get chores done around here. When he had his appt. Sunday, his hemoglobin was 8.1 but the nurse said it would be okay to wait until Monday's appt. for a transfusion.

But, about 3:20 a.m. Monday morning, Roy got up to go to the bathroom and was having a terrible time breathing so I took him to the ER. Of course they gave him fluids, did blood work, did a chest x-ray and hooked him up to a hear monitor. His hemoglobin was still 8.1 but the doctor said he needed blood and they gave him two units. Since each unit takes 2 - 21/2 hours to give I came on back to the RV, cleaned up, ate breakfast and took a nap.

He had his blood work and 3 hours of fluid today - this is our every day schedule. The doctor will be in tomorrow and he has a bone density test tomorrow afternoon, so I will go with him then but if he is feeling okay on Thursday, I think I will stay home and let him ride the shuttle by himself. I just go and sit so I might cancel out then. All in all, his counts are good. He is just weak and tired but they tell him to keep as busy as possible to keep his strength up.

No comments:

Post a Comment