Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Roy is still feeling good and I hope it continues until he gets to M.D. Anderson next week. I reread my last post and there was an error. His appointment is next Tuesday, Nov. 3 @ 8:30; we are leaving China Spring on the 1st. Roy hasn't been doing much since we've been here but we had some excitment Saturday evening. My SIL and I had been out for lunch and went to the grocery store and then just before supper (or dinner, depending on your locale) Tom came by and said he was taking Cindy to the ER as she was having arm pain and was nauseous. They ruled out a heart attack but her BP and blood sugar (she is a diabetic) were very high and her potassium was low. So they kept her overnight and yesterday, Monday, they did a heart cath and found 60-70% blockage in an artery so put in a stint. The nurse told Tom that the artery was called the "black widow" one. She should be coming home today. She and I had planned on taking a road trip to Quitman, Tx to a quilt shop but that will have to wait.


Yesterday, it rained, rained and rained some more. It started during the night, stopped for about an hour in the afternoon and then started again toward evening. This morning, the sun is shining and is beautiful. I haven't been out but I am sure it is cool but at least the sun is shining.


I plan on washing the sheets today as soon as Roy gets back out of bed. I did the other laundry in between showers yesterday.


Life is going good right now. Will keep everyone updated as life goes on. I'm doing some hand sewing, English Paper Piecing, for a quilt shop in Topeka and will send it to them when I am finished. Then I will have a shop sample to sew for a quilt store in Emporia; I'm just waiting on the fabric and pattern. See, I can keep busy no matter where I am.



No comments:

Post a Comment